The GATE 2016 score cards can be downloaded between March 27, 2016 to May 29, 2016 from the GOAPS portal. Qualified candidates can download their GATE 2016
Score Card for the paper (for which he/she has taken the examination) after the declaration of results. The scorecard can be downloaded by entering the enrollment Id and password of the candidates.
- In case any candidate requires the soft copy of his/her GATE Score Card after May 29, 2016 till December 31, 2016, they can do so by paying a fee of 500 (five hundred only) on the GOAPS portal.
- There is no provision for the issue of hard copies of the GATE Scorecards.
After the evaluation of the answers, the raw marks obtained by a candidate will be converted to a normalized GATE Score.
GATE Scorecards can be downloaded after result declaration by
- All SC/ST/PwD candidates whose marks are greater than or equal to the qualifying mark of SC/ST/PwD candidates in their respective papers, and
- All other candidates whose marks are greater than or equal to the qualifying mark of OBC (NCL) candidates in their respective papers.
The GATE score will be computed using the formula given below.
Normalization of Marks guidelines for CE, CS, EC, EE and ME papers
- In GATE 2016, examination for some papers may be conducted in multi-sessions. Therefore a suitable normalization is applied to take into account any variation in the difficulty levels of the question papers across different sessions.
- The normalization is done based on the fundamental assumption that "in all multi-session GATE papers, the distribution of abilities of candidates is the same across all the sessions". This is justified since the number of candidates appearing in multi-session papers is large and the procedure of allocation of session to candidates is random.
- Further it is also ensured that for the same multi-session paper, the number of candidates allotted in each session is of the same order of magnitude.
Calculation of Normalized Marks for CE, CS, EC, EE and ME papers
Calculation of GATE Score for all papers (with the exception ofCE, CS, EC, EE and ME Papers)