Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is conducted by Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur for admission to its flagship business management (BM), Personnel Management and Industrial Relations (PMIR) programmes and 15 months full-time residential GMP (General Management Program). XAT is national level aptitude test.
The XAT 2016 Application Form is completely online. For the first time, the application form for XAT and XLRI Jamshedpur, the conducting body is the same.
Candidates are required to complete application process by the stipulated deadline i.e Monday, November 30, 2015.
Below we have complete details regarding XAT 2016 Application procedure, Exam cities, and Do's & dont's.
XAT 2016 Exam Cities
XAT 2016 would be conducted across in the following cities:
Agartala, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Goa, Greater Noida, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Noida, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Surat, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam.
- Visit xatonline.net.in click on Register, create a new account with your personal email id, you will receive a unique XAT ID and registration link.
- Click on the link and create your own password. (You will be allowed to login with this XAT ID and password from next time).
- Select your Citizenship (Indian/ Foreign / NRI).
- If you are interested to apply for XLRI, select the programme of your choice Business Management (BM)/Human Resource Management (HRM)/Global Business Management(GBM)/General Management Programme (GMP). Candidates not interested in any of the XLRI programmes can skip this step.
- Fill preliminary information (Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Category and Phone Number etc….)
- Provide your mailing address and permanent address.
- Provide your educational qualification starting from 10th on-wards.
- Provide details of work experience starting from the latest job. Candidates desirous of applying to GMP must have total experience of five years till March 31, 2016.
- Choose the XAT 2016 test city.
- You can preview the inputs you have entered.
- Please upload your scanned digital photograph and signature less than 1 MB
Please note that all applicants are required to upload their scanned(digital) photographs and signature and the file size of each should not be more than *1 MB per file. The online application system will not allow to upload files larger than 1 MB. All Candidates have to upload his / her Photograph and Signature only in "Jpeg" format and filename of Photograph and signature should preferably be photo.jpeg and sign.jpeg respectively.
Important points to remember while uploading photos
- Take your recent colour passport size photograph in digital format. The picture should be taken against a light/white background. In case the face on the photograph is not clear , your application is liable to be rejected
- File size of each of the Photograph should not be more than 1 MB per file , otherwise it will not be allowed by the System to upload.
- The candidate himself/herself should sign( no capital letters) on a white paper with a black ink pen.
- Scan the signature in 200 dpi( dots per inch) scanner resolution settings and the file size should be less than 1 mb in jpeg format.
- To reduce the size, crop the image of the signature in MS Paint or any other Photo Editor. Please ensure that only the signature portion is cropped and not the entire A4 paper on which you have signed.
Once the photograph and signature is uploaded by the candidate successfully , System will generate a Confirmation page of the applicant on the screen with pre printed Photograph and Signature .
Select Mode of Payment: There are three possible modes of payment
- Online Payment Gateway
- Through VISA/Master Credit/Debit Cards
- (American Express Card is inadmissible)
- IDBI Net banking (this option is available only for IDBI account holder)
- Cash Payment: Please take a print out of the XAT Pay-In-Slip visit nearest IDBI bank and make the payment.
- Demand Draft: Please make a DD made from any Bank in favour of "XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT" payable at Jamshedpur.
Important: Applicant paying through "Online" & "Cash Payment" should update the payment details in the registration page.
Candidates only interested in XAT but not in XLRI need to pay a fee of Rs. 1500/-(Rupees Fifteen Hundred only). Candidates interested in XLRI programme(s) needs to pay an additional fee of Rs.250/- each.
Downloading & Sending Form
=> Print XAT Confirmation page, in future for all correspondence with XAT office, quote your XAT ID.
=> Please Send Confirmation page and the Demand Draft to:
The Chairperson Admission, XLRI, Circuit House Area (East), Jamshedpur- 831001.
The same must be sent within fifteen days from the issuance of DD.
If you have made the payment other than DD you should not send the confirmation page.
Note: If you do not receive the registration confirmation mail, with your XAT ID & Password, within 24 hours of signing up, please check your spam/junk folder just in case the confirmation email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If you are unable to locate the email, please write to [email protected] citing your primary email id. or call us up on 1800 300 20677 between 09.00 a.m. and 08.00 p.m. ( IST ) if you are unable to reach the customer care executive, please write to [email protected]. We shall get back to you in 48 hours.(excluding Holidays)