How to Fill the GATE 2016 Application Form: Candidates are required to apply for GATE 2016 only through online mode. Hard copy or other documents need not be sent through post. The GATE 2016 Application Form is completely online and candidates will have to upload the supporting documents as asked along with their recent photograph and signature.
GATE 2016 Application Form will be available from September 1, 2015. Last date for submitting application form is 1st October, 2015 (Thursday).
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2016) is an examination conducted for M Tech admissions across IITs and NITs.
GATE 2016 Educational Qualifications:
- To apply for this exam candidates must have done their B.Tech/BE and also those Candidates who are in final year can also apply for GATE 2016.
- Candidates who have done Master’s degree in any branch of Statistics/ Mathematics/ Science / and Computer Science or corresponding to it can also apply.
Important points to remember before filling the GATE 2016 Online application:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, valid personal mobile number, parent's name, parent's mobile number, etc.).
- Address for Communication with PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details (College address, PIN code of college)
- GATE 2016 paper and Choice of GATE 2016 examination cities,
- Signature of candidates scanned as specified
- Scanned copy of Degree Certificate or Certificate from Principal/HODs in pdf format.
- Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
- Details of a valid ID Proof to be carried to the exam hall - to be entered in the Application form
- Recent Photograph scanned as specified
- Net-banking login and password in case of payment through net-banking mode. OR Debit card/credit card number, password, CVV number for Card Payment.
Dos and Donts:
=> Photos should be clear, so do not use the mobile phone to take the pictures. Use professional help from a photo studio and have good quality photo in jpg format.
=> Ensure that the images are scanned in the specified format and dimensions
=> Make sure you meet the conditions for the photograph and signature as the GATE 2016 Admit Card and GATE 2016 Score Card will carry the photograph submitted during the filling of the Application Form.
=> Safe keep theses photograph and signature files to be used for PSU Applications or M.Tech admissions also.
Dos and Donts for Photograph:
- The photograph must be in color and taken after July 2015 in a professional studio. Background of the photograph must be white or a very light colour.
- Ensure that your face occupies at least 50% of the area of the photograph with a full-face view looking into the camera directly.
- The face must not be covered by hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow. Forehead, eyes, nose and chin should be clearly visible.
- If you normally wear spectacles, glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. While you may wear spectacles for the photo shoot, if glare cannot be avoided, then remove the spectacles.
- Only clear glasses are permitted and photos with goggle, sunglasses or tinted glasses will not be accepted
- Ask your photo studio to provide the image in a JPEG format and also on a standard 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm (Width x Height) print. Maximum pixel resolution for JPEG: 480 × 640 (0.3 Mega pixel). Minimum pixel resolution for JPEG: 240 × 320.
- The photograph must match with your appearance on the day of the examination.
Dos and Donts for Signature
- Draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height x Width) on an A4 white paper.
- Put your signature with black or dark blue ink pen within this box.
- Get the signature digitally image scanned by a professional using a scanner, and get the image cropped to the box professionally.
- Get the file saved to a JPEG format with the maximum pixel resolution for the image being 160 × 560 and the minimum pixel resolution for the image being 80 × 280.
- Save the file in JPEG formats with The maximum pixel resolution being 160 × 560. The minimum pixel resolution for the image is 80 × 280.
Other Documents: These have to be in PDF format:
- Certificate from Principal for candidates in final year: Candidates must get this signed and stamped by the Principal of their institution. Download the "Certificate from Principal" form here
- Degree Certificate/Provisional Certificate/Course Completion Certificate for candidates who have completed their qualifying degree.
- Caste Certificate if applicable.
- Disability Certificate if applicable.
How to Fill the GATE 2016 Application Form:
- Candidates must enter their Name as in their 10th / 12th Mark sheet
- They must next enter a valid active Email ID, Mobile Number and Password. Mobile number should be 10 digit without country code.
- Upon successful registration, the candidates will receive an Email and an SMS with the Enrolment ID for their GATE 2016 Application Form. Candidates are advised to safe keep this
The Password must be unique and between 8 to 15 characters. Keep this password safe, it will be required for checking Results, and downloading score card.
2. Exam & Personal Details:
Click on the Edit Application Form to complete the GATE 2016 Application Form.
GATE 2016 Exam Details:
=> Select GATE 2016 Paper
=> Choice of Examination City: Candidates have to choose 3 exam cities. The first two should belong to the same zone.
Applicant's Personal Details:
- Enrolment ID: Auto-filled from registration
- Name of the candidates: Auto-filled from registration details
- Email Address: Auto-filled from registration details
- Mobile No: Auto-filled from registration details
- Date of Birth
- Name of Parent/Guardian: Maximum length 60 characters
- Parent's Mobile No: 10 digit mobile no (without country code or 0 at the start)
- Persons with Disability: Radio buttons
Address for Correspondence: It must be a valid Indian address.
- Address line 1
- Address line 2
- Address line 3 (Optional)
- PIN Code
- State/Union Territory of Permanent Residence: This is usually your parents' residential State.
- ID Proof: any one of the following and candidates need to carry the original to the exam hall
- Aadhaar Card
- College ID
- Driving License
- Employee ID
- PAN Card
- Passport Voter ID
- ID Proof Number : The number mentioned on the ID proof chosen
Qualifying Degree Details:
- Qualifying Degree: Choose qualifying degree or the degree pursuing.
- Discipline of Qualifying Degree: Choose "Other" if your qualifying degree was done outside India.
- Have you graduated in the above Degree?
- Year of Qualifying Degree
- College/University Name
- Use abbreviation for College/University name if length exceeds 30 charachters (For example: IISC Bangalore)
- State/Union Territory
- PIN Code: Enter PIN code of college. Please enter 999999 if it is not in India
- Upload Photograph
- Upload Signature
- Category Certificate (if candidate belongs to any)
- Upload Certificate from Principal / HOD
The last question Where did you first come to know about GATE 2016 is just for statistical purposes.
Payment of the Application Fees:
GATE 2016 Application Form Fee:
- Women candidates Rs. 750: Rs 750/- As application fee.
- General/OBC Category need to pay :- Rs 1500/- As application fee.
- SC/ST and Other Reserved Category need to pay :- Rs 750/- as application fee.
1) Echallan of State Bank of India:
=> Candidates must download the Echallan, print it and pay the fees at the nearest branch of the State Bank of India.
=> Candidates may note that bank charges may be extra
=> Candidates need not send the Institute copy of the Echallan to IISc Bangalore.
=> The payment will be reflected in the system 72 hours after payment.
2) Net banking or Debit Card:
=> Candidates can choose the mode of payment. All major Debit Cards, Credit Cards are accepted.
=> Credit card gateway have some additional charges associated with them in addition to Application fee, Candidates must check the amount.
=> After payment, candidates will have to note the Fee Payment Number that is generated. Candidates will need this to complete the GATE 2016 Application Form
Submission of the GATE 2016 Application Form:
Candidates are requested to take a print out of the PDF generated for future reference.