Gujarat SET 2014 Eligibility Criteria given Below :
* Only those candidates are eligible to appear in the GSET who have completed / are studying in the final year of a UGC specified Master' s degree.
* Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (General) (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC
* Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing in the final year at the qualifying Master’s degree examination or whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may
also apply for the Test.
* The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in the SET Examination.
* Those candidates who are studying in the first year of two years course or in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master's Degree cannot appear for this test.
* Candidates are required to appear for GSET in the subject of their Post Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of GSET subjects, the candidates may appear in UGC NET / UGC – CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
* There is no upper age limit.
* The candidates who have passed M.Sc.( by Research) are not eligible to appear for the SET Exam. As per the U.G.C. Rules.