ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR JHARKHAND PGET – 2014
(A) Educational :
1. The candidates must have passed MBBS Examination from any University/Medical College of Jharkhand State.
2.The candidates must have completed the Rotating Internship.
3. The candidates must have obtained permanent Registration from Medical Council of India or Bihar/Jharkhand State Medical Council.
4. The candidates who are local residents of Jharkhand but got admission in MBBS Course in Bihar before the creation of New Jharkhand State that is 15.11.2000 and have passed MBBS from Bihar may also apply as per Govt. of Jharkhand notification no. 65(9) dated 07/05/2013.
5. The candidates, who have passed MBBS Exam. from any University/Medical College as per the requirements of 2.1 & 2.4 above, but have not completed the Rotating Internship may also apply to appear in PGET-2014 on provisional basis subject to the condition that they must complete the Rotating Internship satisfactorily on or before 31.03.2014, otherwise they shall not be allowed to participate in the counseling even if their name appears in the merit list.
6. A candidate, who did not obtain permanent registration from Medical Council of India or Bihar/Jharkhand State Medical Council, but is otherwise eligible, may be allowed to appear in PGET-2014 on provisional basis, but he must obtain the same from Jharkhand State Medical Council within one month from the date of his admission in P.G. Course as per the rules of the Medical Council of India, failing which the admission of the candidate shall be cancelled. Also, he must be registered after admission under the concerned University within the period prescribed by that University.
A candidate who fulfills any of the following criteria is eligible for admission :-
1. The candidate must be a citizen of India, and local resident of Jharkhand as per Memo No.-5/Miscellaneous-09/2001 (Domicile) Off. 2691/Ranchi, dated 29/4/02 of Personnel, Administrative Reforms and Rajbhasha Department, Government of Jharkhand, and he/she must have to produce documents at the time of counseling/admission attested photocopy of Local Resident Certificate issued by the Dy. Commissioner/Sub Divisional Officer (Civil) of the state of Jharkhand in proper proforma as per Annexure ‘A’. The residential certificate must bear Memo No., date and seal of the issuing authority. Certificate issued by any one other than Dy. Commissioner/Sub Divisional Officer (Civil) shall not be entertained and will lead to rejection of his/ her claim. No other document in support of his/her claims for residence will be entertained.
A candidate who is not a permanent resident of Jharkhand, but has passed his MBBS Examination from any University/Medical College of Jharkhand state is also eligible as per the directives of Hon’ble High Court, Patna in CWJC No. 3448/2000.
2. Whose mother/father is a permanent employee of United Nations Organization and is presently posted in Jharkhand.
3. A candidate claiming eligibility under Para 2B(ii) must submit an employment certificate duly signed and issued by the Employer or Head of the Office/Department, in case of U.N.O. employee only.
(C) Age Limit:
There is no upper age limit for appearing in PGET-2014. (Vide the directives of Hon’ble High Court, Patna in CWJC No. 3309/2000 and 3341/2000).