Tezpur University have emerged as the national champions in the Sweden India Nobel Memorial Quiz 2014. The Tezpur University quiz team comprising Ashutosh Das (M.Tech, ME), Anubhav Joshi (B.Tech, ME) and Subhasish Dutta (B.Tech, ECE) was adjudged the winner in the 10-team national final held at the Hindu College, University of Delhi on November 1, 2014. The team will get a chance to travel to Sweden on a week-long sponsored visit where they will visit Swedish companies, Universities and the Nobel Museum.
Sweden India Nobel Memorial Quiz is one of India's most prestigious annual quiz contests. The quiz was instituted by the Embassy of Sweden in India in association with reputed Swedish companies. This quiz series is a part of the Sweden India Nobel Memorial Week with the contributions of Alfred Nobel and the Nobel Prize as the broad theme.
A total of 2470 students from 276 institutes from across the nation participated in the quiz series. The preliminary rounds were held in 10 cities across India, viz., Kolkata, Guwahati, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Indore, Pune, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Delhi, during September - October 2014 and the TU team won the North-eastern regional competition held at IIT Guwahati in September, 2014.
Here is the list of Top 10 colleges that participated in the Sweden India Nobel Memorial Quiz 2014
1. Tezpur University, Tezpur
2. Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
3. Indira Gandhi National Open University, Delhi
4. RCC Institute of Information Technology, Kolkata
5. Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information & Communication Technology, Ahmedabad
6. Jamnalal Bajaj institute of Management studies, Mumbai
7. Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune
8. Govt. Engineering College, Thrissur
9. IIT Madras, Chennai
10. National Law Institute University, Bhopal
Stay connected with us on