Ph.D in Archaeology Admissions 2012 @ University of Calcutta
* Masters degree or equivalent degree in Archaeology or any other subject (social science or otherwise) with the prior approval of the competent authority of the University of Calcutta as per Ph.D regulations.
* A Research Proposal (within 1000 words) has to be submitted on or before the date of Research Eligibility Test (RET).
Application forms can be downloaded from: www.caluniv.ac.in
Candidates have to deposit application fee of Rs.100 either by cash or DD through duly filled in C.U. Challan, endorsed by the Head of the Department.
• The eligible candidates who have cleared NET / SET / SLET / M Phil are exempted from appearing in this test and should directly appear for the interview.
• Syllabus of RET will be the same as for the MA / MSc and UGC-NET
Examination in Archaeology.
• The RET will be of 75 marks.
Last date for submission of application: 15th February, 2012 (Wednesday)
Date of Research Eligibility Test (RET): 5th March, 2012 (Monday)
For details, logon to: