Application for Admission to the M.Phil. / Post Graduate/ P.G.Diploma/ Diploma/ Certificate programmes offered in the University Departments of Study and Research under Choice Based Credit System for the academic year 2011-2012
For more details please follow the link below:
Application are invited for M.Phil, Masters Degree, P.G. Diploma, Diploma and Certificate Programmes under Choice Based Credit Systems (CBCS) 2011-2012 for Foreign Nationals - Application and Prospectus Download
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
1. Candidates shall read the Prospectus carefully before filling in the application and preserve the prospectus till the completion of the programme.
2. The candidates has to detach and fill in the following:
(i)Application form (ii) Computer Coding sheet (iii) Address slip
3. Application for add-on Post Graduate Diploma Programmes shall be submitted to the department concerned after admission to Post Graduate programme.
4. Applications must be complete in all respects. Incomplete Applications will be rejected without any intimation.
5. Separate application forms (at a cost of Rs.300/-) shall be submitted for each Programme (including Regular and Self-supportive programme) offered by the different Schools. Applications cannot be transferred from one School to another.
6. Foreign Nationals including NRIs with valid Passports and Visa issued by the Government of India and Refugees will be considered for admission subject to the conditions prescribed by the Government, their eligibility of schooling and qualifying examinations passed.
7. 15% supernumerary seats are available for all the PG courses (Regular programmes only) for Foreign Nationals including NRIs. They need not appear for Entrance Test.
8. The filled-in Application shall be sent directly to the Registrar, University of Madras, Tholkapiar Valagam (Chepauk) on or before 05.05.2011.
9. Attested copies of mark statements of the qualifying examination shall be sent along with the filled-in application form. However, the applicants who will appear for the final semester examinations during April/May 2011 shall send the application form along with the attested mark statements up to Five Semesters.
The final semester mark statement shall be sent within 7 days after the publication of results of U.G./P.G. Examinations of the Madras University.
10. The candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from other Universities shall obtain the eligibility certificate from the University of Madras and submit the same at the time of admission to the Course of study.
11. To obtain the eligibility Certificate, candidates are directed to contact the University Information Centre (Enquiry Office) /ERC Section of this University.
12. Entrance Examination will be conducted by the respective Departments / Schools and Hall ticket will be sent to the students by the Departments concerned.(List of courses for which Entrance examinations are conducted and list of courses for which admissions are made based on the qualifying examinations are provided elsewhere in this brochure)
13. Admissions to Masters/M.Phil. programmes are based on the marks obtained in the Basic qualifying Examinations 50% and the Entrance Examination 50% of marks.
14. Admission to M.B.A. (Regular and Self-supportive) and M.C.A. courses are based on the marks obtained in the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) conducted by the Anna University. Besides, 15% Supernumerary seats are available for M.B.A.
Self-supportive course for the candidates sponsored by the Public/Private sector at a separate fee.
15. Attach a Rs.20/- stamped self addressed 24x12 cm envelope along with filled-in application.
16. University is not responsible for any postal delay or loss in transit.
17. Number of seats are limited to each department offering the courses and selections are made following communal roster prescribed by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
18. Candidates from other States (except SC/ST) will be considered for selection under General Turn only.
19. Relaxation upto 5% of marks is considered to SC/ST/Physically and visually Challenged candidates for admission to M.Phil. programmes. Differently abled candidates shall enclose a certificate issued by the Department of Rehabilitation, Government of Tamil Nadu, in proof of evidence.
20. University reserves the right not to conduct any of the courses if the circumstances so warrant.
21 The MBA/MCA application forms shall reach the office 7 days of release of TANCET result by the Anna University along with a copy of the TANCET Marks obtained from Internet.
22. Application form for admission can also be downloaded from the University website
However, the cost of application for Rs.300/- by means of Demand Draft shall be enclosed, otherwise the application will be summarily rejected.
23. If there is any dispute regarding P.G./M.Phil./P.G. Diploma/Diploma/Certificate courses admission, the matter needs to be resolved only in the High Court of Madras, Chennai.
24. Last date for submission of filled in Application for all P.G. and M.Phil. Programmes (except MBA & MCA) is 05-05-2011.
25. Filled in application form with enclosures together with the Computer coding sheets should be submitted to the office of the Registrar, University of Madras, Tholkapiar Valagam Chepauk, Chennai – 600 005. Original Certificates need not be sent along with filled-in application.