ADMISSION NOTIFICATION 2011–12
Click here for Admission notification:
MBA, MA, MCom, MSc, MLISc, BLISc, BPR, PG DIPLOMA AND CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES
Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad, invites Applications from the eligible candidates for Admission into the following programmes for the academic year 2011-12:
1. Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
a. Bachelor’s degree in any subject with 50% (45% for reserved categories )
b. Rank obtained in Integrated Common Entrance Test (ICET) 2011
c. Mathematics as one of the subjects in SSC/SSC Intermediate
2. M.A. - Economics
Bachelor’s Degree with Economics as one of the subjects
3. M.A. - History Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
4. M.A. – Political Science Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
5. M.A. – Public Administration Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
6. M.A. - Sociology Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
7. M.A. - English Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
8. M.A. - Telugu Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Telugu as one
of the subjects or equivalent
9. M.A. - Hindi Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Hindi as one of
the subjects or equivalent
10. M.A. - Urdu Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Urdu as one of
the subjects or equivalent
11. Master of Commerce (M.Com) Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/ BBA/ BBM/
12. M.Sc. – Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics B.Sc. with Mathematics as one of the optional subjects
13. M.Sc. – Psychology Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline 003,005,006,
14. M.Sc. - Botany B.Sc. with Botany as one of the optional subjects
15. M.Sc. - Chemistry B.Sc. with Chemistry as one of the optional subjects
16. M.Sc. – Environmental Science Bachelor’s Degree in Science or its equivalent
17. M.Sc. - Physics B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics as optional subjects
18. M.Sc. - Zoology B.Sc. with Zoology as one of the optional subjects
19. Master of Library & Information Science (MLISc) B.L.I.Sc Degree (40% marks)
20. Bachelor of Library & Information Science (BLISc) Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of one year experience in recognized libraries or CLISc or Professional degree in law/engg../ pharmacy or 50% of aggregate mark
21. Bachelor of Public Relations
a)Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
b) Preference to PROs, Journalists and such others working in Media Units of State / Central Govt., Advertising agencies etc.
22. P.G.Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM) Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
23. P.G.Diploma in Business Finance (PGDBF) Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
24. P.G.Diploma in Environmental Studies (PGDES) Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
25. P.G.Diploma in Writing for Mass Media in Telugu (PGDWMMT) Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline OR Intermediate with 3 years Working experience in Mass Media
26. P.G.Diploma in Human Rights (PGDHR) TM 1 yr Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
27. P.G. Diploma in Culture & Heritage Tourism (PGDCHT) Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
28. P.G.Diploma in Women’s Studies (PGDWS) EM 1 yr Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
29. Certificate Programme in Food & Nutrition (CPFN)
a. No formal academic qualification
b. Minimum age : 18 years
30. Certificate Programme in Literacy and Community Development
SSC or Intermedite
31. Certificate Programme in NGO’s Management Intermediate and 3 years experience in any Private Organization
* EM – English Medium; T.M. – Telugu Medium
** For details see Prospectus
a) PG II Year all MA Programmes: Eco, His, Pol.Sci, Pub.Adm, Socio, Eng, Tel, Hin; Urdu; MSc (Maths & Psychology) & M.Com. MSc.
(Bot, Phy, Zool, Env.Sci. & Chem.) - 2010 batch and earlier batches Tuition Fee payments ( individual intimation letter are already posted)
Without late fee: 07-09-2011 and With a late fee of Rs. 200/- : 20-09-2011.
b) For M.B.A. II year 2010 and earlier batches and III year 2009 and earlier batches Tuition Fee payments dates (individual intimation letters are already posted)
Without late fee: 07-09-2011 and With a late fee of Rs. 200/-: 20-09-2011.
LIST OF RCC & STUDY CENTRES AND THEIR CODE NUMBERS WHERE PROGRAMME OFFERED &PROSPECTUS AVAILABLE:
(001) Govt. Degree College, Adilabad; (002) Govt.Degree College, Ananthapur; (003) Govt. Deg. College, Kadapa; (004) Sir CRR
College Eluru (West Godavari): (005) JKC College, Guntur; (006) SRR Govt.Deg.College, Karimnagar; (007) SR&BGNR Govt. College,
Khammam; (008) Silver Jubilee Govt. College, Kurnool; (009) MVS Arts & Sci.College, Mahaboobnagar; (010) Nagarjuna Govt. Deg.
College, Nalgonda; (011) Sri Sarvodaya College, Nellore; (012) Girraj Govt. College, Nizamabad; (013) CSR Sarma College, Ongole
(014) Govt. Degree College, Rajahmundry; (015) Govt. Deg. College, Siddipet; (016) Govt. Degree College, Srikakulam; (017) S.V.Arts
College, Tirupati; (018) P.B.Siddartha College, Vijayawada; (019) Dr.V.S.Krishna Govt. Deg. College, Visakhapatnam; (020) M.R.
College, Vijayanagaram (021) University Arts & Science College, Subedari, Warangal; (023) Govt. Deg.College for Women Begumpet,
Hyderabad; (042) SRR & CVR Govt. Degree College, Vijayawada, Krishna;(139) Sardar Patel College, Padmarao Nagar, Secunderabad
and (208) STML Building, Dr.BRAOU Campus, Road No.46, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad.
COST OF APPLICATION FORM:
(a) Programmes at Sl.No.1 -- Rs. 250/-
(b) 2 to 13 -- Rs.200/-;
(c) Sl.No.14 to 18 -- Rs.300/-;
(d) Sl.No.19 to 28 – Rs.150/-;
(e) Sl.No 29.-- Rs.50/-
(f) Sl.No: 30&31: Rs:100/-
HOW TO OBTAIN APPLICATION FORM:
a) Application Forms can be obtained by submitting a Challan from specified SBH branches/ DDs drawn in favour of THE REGISTRAR, DR.BRAOU, HYDERABAD payable at Hyderabad (in Candidates Name) on any Nationalised Bank for respective amounts. Cash will not be accepted.
b) Application forms can be obtained by submitting the Challan/ DD between 11.00 AM to 4.30 PM from the University Headquarters at Road No.46, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad – 500 033 on all working days OR at the study centres mentioned against each programme between 11.00AM to 4.30 P.M. on all working days except Mondays and Tuesday immediately following the Second Saturday.
By Post: The application can also be obtained from the Director, Student Services Branch, Road No.46, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad - 500 033 by sending a crossed Demand Draft for the cost of the application form plus Rs.50/- towards postage.
COMMENCEMENT OF THE SALE OF APPLICATION FORMS : 04-08-2011
LAST DATE FOR SALE AND SUBMISSION OF FILLED IN APPLICATION FORMS:
Without Late fee With late fee of Rs. 200/-
a) For MBA : 08-09- 2011 23-09- 2011
b) For M.A., M.Com., M.Sc.(Psychology) & MSc (Maths/ Applied Maths) : 15-09- 2011 30-09- 2011
c) For M.Sc., (Botany, Chemistry, Env.Sci., Physics & Zoology) : 08-09- 2011 23-09- 2011
d) For MLISc, BLISc, PG Diploma and Certificate programmes : 08-09- 2011 23-09- 2011
The filled in application forms of all programmes should be submitted at the respective study centres. However, the application forms of MBA, MLISc., BLISc, BPR, all PG Diploma & Certificate Programmes should be submitted in person at the University Campus or by post to The Director, Student Services Branch, Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Open University, Road No.46, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad – 500 033.
The filled in application Forms of all M.Sc. programmes, along with Registration Fee, should be submitted at respective Science Study Centres where the students seeks admission.
Second Specialisation in M.B.A.: Students who completed MBA with One Specialization (i.e. Finance, Marketing, H.R.) from Dr.BRAOU and wish to do it with another specialization can obtain application form from their respective Study Centres by submitting a crossed DD for Rs. 100/- drawn on any Nationalised Bank in favour of “The Registrar, Dr.BRAOU, Hyderabad”, payable at Hyderabad with the name of the student”. Last date for sale & submission of application form is 30.09.2011.
Readmissions: For re-admissions details into P.G. Programmes, please see the website(www.braou.ac.in )