Private Registration cum examination for M.A/M.Sc/M.Com courses Admissions 2010-2011
Applications have been invited for Private Registration cum examination for M.A/M.Sc/M.Com courses of Academic Year 2010-11 at School of Distance Education under Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
Courses offered at various departments and the eligibility ciriteria for admission to the courses are as follows:
1. M.A.(English) - Graduates with English under Part III or all graduates in the Faculties of Arts, Science, Social Sciences, Oriental Studies or Fine Arts who have taken not less than three papers under Part I (English).
2. M.A. (Malayalam) - B.A. with Malayalam under Part III or B.A/B.Sc. with Malayalam under Part II (Additional Language)
3. M.A. (Hindi) - B.A. with Hindi under Part III or B.A/B.SC. with Hindi Under Part II (Additional Language) or B.A/B.Sc. with Rashtrabasha Praveen of Dakshin Bharath Hindi Prachar Sabha
4. M.A.(Arabic) - B.A. with Arabic under Part III or BA with Arabic as one of the subsidiaries or B.A/B.Sc. with Arabic or B.A. POT (Afzal-ul-Ulama) of Calicut University under Part II
5. M.A.(Sanskrit) - BA with Sanskrit under Part III or BA/B.Sc. with Sanskrit under Part II (Additional Language)
6. M.A. (History) - All graduates in the Faculties of Social Science or Graduates with English Language and Literature as the main subject under the Faculty of Arts.
7. M.A. (Economics) - Graduates in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or B.Sc. in Co-operation and Banking from Kerala Agricultural University
8. M.A. (Philosophy) - Graduates in Philosophy, Arts, Social Science, Sciences
9. M.A. (Politics) - Graduates in Politics, History, Economics, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Law, Journalism, Public Administration, Geography, Archaeology, English or other Social Sciences.
10. M.A.(Sociology) - Graduates in the Faculties of Arts, Social Science, Science, Law, Commerce
11. M.A. (Islamic History) - All Graduates in the Faculty of Social Science.
12. M.Sc.(Mathematics) - Graduates with Mathematics or Statistics as Optional main subject under Part III with 50% marks for Part III. or B.Tech. graduates with not less than 50% marks in Maths (aggregate of all the 4 papers in Maths) and a total of 50% marks for the entire course or B.Sc. Computer Application graduates with not less than 50% marks in the concerned optional subjects including Computer Application and Statistics. Candidates belonging to SC/ST are exempted from minimum marks restriction and OBC will be allowed a concession of 2% marks. Bonafide teachers employed on the date of application in Govt./Aided Schools in the Kerala State shall be exempted from the required minimum marks, on production of an employment certificate from the AEO/DEO/Principal concerned.
13. M.Com. - All B.Com, BBA, BBM Graduates.
The application forms for Private Registration and applications for examination along with the hand book can be obtained from all Information Centres of MG University, the Store Keeper, Examination, Store, Mahatma Gandhi University on remittance of the prescribed fee ( Rs.50/- and Rs.20/- respectively) to the credit of the Mahatma Gandhi University Fund by way of pay-in-slip at the Mahatma Gandhi University Cash Counter/Friends Janasevanakendra at Kottayam, Ernakulam, Painavu and Pathanamthitta or by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, payable at S.B.T. Mahatma Gandhi University Campus Branch, Kottayam (Code No. 669).
Request for application along with the Hand Book by post are to be addressed to the Store Keeper (Exams.) Mahatma Gandhi University, Priyadarshini Hills P.O., Kottayam - 686 560, along with the self-addressed 13 x 30 cm, envelope affixing postage stamp worth Rs.20/- in addition to the pay in slip/receipt/D.D. for the prescribed fee (Rs.50/- and Rs.20/- respectively) remitted.
The filled-in application forms for Private Registration have to be accompanied by application for examination, application for matriculation (if required), application for recognition (if required), relevant certificates, pay-in-slips/D.D. and a self-addressed stamped envelope for Rs.37/-of the size 24 x 32 cm to return the certificates.
The last date for the submission of filled in applications at the MG University Office without any fine is 30-09-2010, with a fine of Rs.500/- upto 15-10-2010 and with a fine of Rs.1000/- upto 01-11-2010.
For details, logon to the website link: