Stress usually creeps in when we are feared to face the interview and concentrate our energies on all possible outcomes. We can bust the stress by concentrating our energy in doing something more meaningful like preparation.
Let us discuss points which reduces stress during interview -
1) Know the company or organization - Get full information about the company by surfing Internet. You have applied for a particular position in a company. Get a general overview about what all needs to be done if you are selected for a particular post. If a company runs diverse businesses you concentrate on the job you have applied for.
2) Know the Place - Get acquainted with the place of interview one day in advance. If you are traveling to some place for interview it is always better to inquire and get as much information as needed for you to reach the place of interview in time. if you are late you will be in a panicky situation which will increase your chances of performing poorly at the interview.
3) Organize your thoughts - Do not concentrate on something else other than the interview. Think about the current moment and forget about all past and future events. Recollect all the points which you had prepared for interview, repeat them in your mind. Have positive self talk as negative self talk will spoil everything.
4) Visualize your success - Its always better to visualize your success and see yourself succeeding in the interview. This will increase your chances of selection because you will get in a positive mode and program your brain accordingly.
5) Eat properly - Eat properly before the interview and avoid oily, spicy, or heavy food as it will lead to accumulation of gas and you will feel sleepy. Eat energetic food so that your brain remains active through out the interview. Your brain should be active as you need to think and answer questions accurately.
6) Dress Professionally - Dress should suit the occasion of interview. Its Saree or Salwar suits or Professional suits for ladies. Gents can wear professional suits. Yes the color is very important. It should be either dark blue or black because that is the professional color in the corporate world. Do not wear cool funky dresses just because you feel like and are comfortable with them. You are here to impress the interviewer and not yourselves.
7) Don’t get sick of self love - I have seen a lot of people waste time in comparing themselves to others thinking how good they are compared to others. They think that every one is concentrating on what they are doing. This thought takes over and they forget the purpose. Get rid of all these thoughts and behave like a normal human being.
8) Practice deep breathing exercises - It really helps a lot. Inhale deeply from one nostril and exhale from the other. Do this 30 times and you will feel relaxed. You can do this in a sitting position or standing position.
9) Don’t compare - Do not compare yourself to others. Please do not compare yourself to others. Everyone is unique and different having special characteristics. When you compare you feel dwarfed and lose confidence.
10) Prepare for the interview - Prepare for the interview and appear for mock interviews. ( These mock interviews are carried at attitude School. If you want to enroll mail at - [email protected] ). Prepare a list of probable questions and answers and practice them again and again.
11) Practice - Practice your stuff again and again. This will make you perfect and on the final day you will excel and pass the interview with flying colors.
By Rashmi Priya